5 Ways to Cut Costs With Managed Print Services
According to a Security Scorecard report, there are three primary weaknesses that plague any government agency’s cybersecurity strategy — endpoint protection, network security, and patching cadence. When compared to other industries and economic sectors, government agencies have some of the worst security ratings in these three areas.
But it’s not enough to just increase your focus on improving endpoint protection, network security, and patch management. Increasing protection and cost efficiency requires an understanding of what’s making these components of cybersecurity so weak. And more than ever, unsecure print infrastructure is a root cause.
If you look outside of the government sector for some cybersecurity lessons from enterprises, you’ll see that attackers are already taking advantage of unprotected print environments to compromise networks:
- 61% of businesses have suffered a printer-related data breach
- 64% of IT leaders expect their printers have been compromised by malware
- 26% of significant data breaches involve printers to some degree
Turning security weaknesses into strengths requires a new focus on print security — one that includes device security, access control, network security, data protection, document security, and monitoring/management. However, the wrong approach can quickly deplete your cybersecurity budget and lead to significant costs across your business.
Managed print services give you the perfect balance of enterprise-grade security and cost efficiency specifically tailored to government agencies.
Cybersecurity demands are already stretching government IT teams to their limits. And that’s without adding new concerns for increasingly-vulnerable printing environments. Putting print security responsibilities on the shoulders of internal IT teams can lead to mistakes that could cost you millions of dollars.
- Proactively Manage Change: Work with a supplier that has proven transition capabilities based upon tested processes. Eliminate any trial-and-error that might be necessary to come up with the right approaches to changing security demands.
- Utilize Comprehensive Fleet Management: Having one supplier manage fleets across your agency can cut costs as long as the vendor has the capabilities to streamline all processes and reporting.
- Find Harmony Across the Print Environment: A patchwork of service, supplies, and product vendors won’t drive the consistency and control necessary to maximize cost efficiency. Use one supplier for hardware, supplies, and service, one print driver, one device per category, and one point of ownership to simplify your cost structure.
- Work With an IT Leader: Leverage the global experience gained from clients with similar challenges and requirements, to proactively plan service improvements, and to enjoy the reliability and forward-thinking of balanced operational capabilities, strategy, and market presence.
- Get All-Inclusive Security: The right partner will ensure your printing and imaging devices are always updated to include the latest features and software that’s built to keep your network protected. Rather than constantly re-investing in new fleets of printing and imaging devices, managed print services can give you peace of mind while improving cost efficiency.
As an HP Silver Partner, we have the experience and expertise necessary to give you the best possible managed print experience. Our services are specially designed to help you harness printing and imaging solutions that balance workforce productivity with maximum security — all at a cost that makes sense for your government agency. If you want to learn more about HP Print Security Solutions and managed print services, take a look at our latest resources.